Cosmids

J. Pat Martinez martinez at puccini.CRL.umn.edu
Wed Aug 14 11:05:42 EST 1996

I've used Supercos from Stratagene with good results.  One advantage with
this cosmid is that you don't have to size select your partially digested
DNA.  The design of the vector (2 cos sites) allows the packaging reaction
to select the appropriate sized recombinant.  I've only used this cosmid
vector so I don't know how it compares to other cosmid vectors.

Pat M.

 <Pine.A32.3.93.960813211140.34344A-100000 at kitts.u.arizona.edu>, Stephen J