Some polymerase better for PCR?

Shiao Wang swang at
Thu Aug 15 12:43:54 EST 1996

My students and I are working with shrimp DNA that are difficult to
amplify via PCR (likely an inhibitor problem). One parameter we would
like to get a handle on is: which thermal stable polymerase should we
use? We're currently using Taq and Tbr polymerase.

Does anyone know of literature or have direct experience on which
thermal stable polymerase is more likely to work under "difficult"
conditions? I think we have an inhibitor that co-precipitates with the
DNA and it's preventing the polymerase from working. Thanks for your

Shiao Y. Wang
Univ. of Southern Mississippi
sywang at