Cosmids

Peter J. Myler mylerpj at u.washington.edu
Thu Aug 15 12:23:46 EST 1996

We too have had very good results with SuperCos.  It also seems to make
very good DNA for digests and sequencing.

Regards

Peter
Peter J. Myler
Seattle Biomedical Research Institute
4 Nickerson Street
Seattle, WA  98109-1651
phone: (206) 284-8846x332
FAX: (206) 284-0313
e-mail: MYLERPJ at U.WASHINGTON.EDU

J. Pat Martinez <martinez at puccini.CRL.umn.edu> wrote in article
<martinez-1408961705420001 at mac20.agoff.umn.edu>...
> I've used Supercos from Stratagene with good results.  One advantage with
> this cosmid is that you don't have to size select your partially digested
> DNA.  The design of the vector (2 cos sites) allows the packaging
reaction
> to select the appropriate sized recombinant.  I've only used this cosmid
> vector so I don't know how it compares to other cosmid vectors.
>
> Pat M.
>

>  <Pine.A32.3.93.960813211140.34344A-100000 at kitts.u.arizona.edu>, Stephen
> Billington <sbilling at U.Arizona.EDU> wrote:
>
> > Hi Mol. Biol. Netters
> >
> > I am looking to create genomic libraries from 2 or 3 microorganisms. I
> > have in the past used lambda derivatives with great success, but my new
> > boss is dead keen to use cosmids. His main point is that we can use the
> > cosmid directly to complement E. coli mutants. Anyway, not wanting to
> > argue with the boss, does anyone out there have any favorite cosmids?
My