Microcentrifuge preferences???

Bernard Murray bernard at elsie.nci.nih.gov
Thu Aug 15 11:42:44 EST 1996

In article <4utl5c$2t5 at newsbf02.news.aol.com>, loupass at aol.com says...

>We recently purchased a Heraeus  (spelling?).  It works great and is
>really quiet.  the newer model which replaces the one we bought is even
>quieter.

I'll second that.  I inherited a Heraeus Biofuge 13 and like it very
much.  Although there is no formal temperature control I think it
has the advantage that the rotor doesn't heat up as much as the
standard Eppendorf microfuges when used for longer (>5 minutes) runs.
I still use the Eppendorf microcentrifuges but have to leave the room
when using them for long spins (or don the personal stereo).
We also have a refrigerated Eppendorf centrifuge and that is *much*
quieter than the basic model.
		Bernard

[no affiliations]

Bernard Murray, Ph.D.