Has anyone separated proteins using agarose.

John Hind Hind at umbi.umd.edu
Thu Aug 15 00:13:10 EST 1996

Has anyone any experience with this. One of my colleagues has a couple of
student interns trying to get a protocol to work for use in a high school
lab. They're not having much luck visualizing proteins stained with
Coomassie blue that were extracted from crab and fish. Prestained
standards show up fine though.

If you've actually used an agarose gel and got it to work we would
appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks,

--
John Hind Ph. D.
Research Associate, Center of Marine Biotechnology