Searching desperately for pJM17 (E1 adenovirus)

Trevor Bezdek trevor at leland.stanford.edu
Fri Aug 16 07:18:33 EST 1996

  So, I am desperately in need of a very large quantity of pJM17 DNA.  For
clarification, pJM17 is the large adenovirus DNA with only an E1
deletion.  It gives better gene promotion than the more available pBHG11,
which has both E1 and E3 deletions.  So, I have some good DNA but all
attempts at transformation seem to lose chunks of the insert (it is 40kb
in a plasmid vector).  So does anybody have any suggestions as to how to
make the transformation work or even better a commercial source (speed is
important enough to justify a high price).

Thanks,
Trevor