HELP!!! Fungal contamination of IMPORTANT transfectants!

Kiley R. Prilliman kprillim at
Sat Aug 17 22:30:04 EST 1996

To anyone who can help me:

The past four months of my work is hanging in the balance as I write
this, so ANY responses will be met with great enthusiasm!

It appears that some transfectants which I have been slaving away to
make have become fungally contaminated during their lengthy incubation
under G418 selection in my CO2 incubator.  Is there ANYTHING I can do to
save these cells ("clean them up"), or are my next 3-4 months to be
spent remaking all of my transfectants?

Kiley R. Prilliman
Oklahoma City, OK