Hybond N Problems

Michael W. Thompson mthom0 at pop.uky.edu
Mon Aug 19 11:52:16 EST 1996

        I have been using hybond N+ for about 7 months now, and have yet to notice a
difference between batches.  I'm doing mostly Southerns with them, and I'm using the
genescreen protocol (1M NaCl, 25mM Tris pH 7.4, 10% dextran sulfate and 1% SDS).  I
have had no problems with these blots since I switched to this protocol from one that
contained formamide.   But yes, you are right in that we molecular biologists must stick
together and spread information and experience regarding products and procedures.
That's what this newsgroup is ideal for ;)