Cloning PCR products

Dr Andrew J. Doherty doherty at bsa.bristol.ac.uk
Mon Aug 19 05:40:13 EST 1996

HI everyone

THis is a very basic, even silly question. But even so, I'm trying to
clone a series of PCR products. Do I need to kinase those products prior
to ligation? The vector is de-phophorylated. It seems logical that I
should, but then shouldn't the primers have 5'phosphates any way?

Thanks in advance

   Dr Andrew Doherty
   Department of Anatomy
   School of Medical Sciences