Help - problem with bFGF PCR!

Rebecca rabc031 at s1.cxwms.ac.uk
Mon Aug 19 05:06:34 EST 1996

PLease, can anyone advise me!

I've been having problems with my bFGF PCR - I have the primers (which
have been tried out previously on specific cells) but fail to be able to
be able to detect any PCR bands on my gel.

I know that FGF production is variable depending on the confluency of
the cells when the RNA was extracted but this doesnt help me.

I need a positive control to rst that my primers work in the first place
- however, I cant find any bFGF cDNA available anywhere.  DOes anyone
know where I can hold of some, or advise me how else to test my primers
- ie are any other cells well known to produce oodles of FGF.

Any advice very greatly appreciated,

Thanks, Rebecca