Bind-Silane and sequencing

Rafael Maldonado rafael at howard.med.utah.edu
Mon Aug 19 12:54:44 EST 1996

On 16 Aug 1996, Jim Hutchins wrote:

> Frank Murphy (f-murphy at uiuc.edu) wrote:
> : Seriously.  I don't quite understand the idea of making the gel stick to
> : one plate anyway.   It always seems to go to one plate or the other when
> : both plates are silanized
> :
>
> That's because you don't know of the Bio-Rad sequencing apparatus,

Moreover, once you stick the gel to one plate you can dry it and expose
it on the glass plate, advoiding paper transfer and that expensive
Bio-Rad apparatus. You save in exposing cartridges also.

Rafa

Rafael Maldonado                             | 'No te creas todo
room 6160 Eccles Institute of Human Genetics |  lo que leas en
Department of Human Genetics		     |  internet.'
University of Utah			     |
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112. USA.	     |  "Don't believe
Rafael.Maldonado at genetics.utah.edu           |  everything you read
Rafael at howard.genetics.utah.edu	             |  in internet."
Tel: 801-581-4429			     |
Fax: 801-585-3910			     |