DNA gel extraction

Michelle Gleeson michelle at MOLECULE.BIO.UTS.EDU.AU
Mon Aug 19 17:15:43 EST 1996

On 19 Aug 1996, Jon West wrote:

> >>Is this any different or better than using glass wool to plug the eppendorf
> >>tube?
>

> Easier still get a 200 ul filter tip snip off the end and pop the slice in the top,then spin down in an eppy. Autoclavable, quick and easy :)

> Jon West
> jpw at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk                      "It's alive!"

I'm assuming this doesn't work with tips which have filters that
seal up when they get wet, eg ART ???  Which is your preferred brand of
tip?  And do you add buffer to the gel slice, use low melting, or normal
agarose, what percentage gel does this work up to etc etc.

Michelle Gleeson
michelle.gleeson at uts.edu.au