Antibodies to 6-His Tag

Pat Thoyts thoyts at bsa.bristol.ac.uk
Tue Aug 20 15:54:19 EST 1996

Joseph Roland wrote:

> Hello,
>         My question is does anybody know of a good antibody against the 6-His
> tag, the
> cheaper the better because I don't need that much. Please e-mail me if
> you know
> of anything.  Thanks.
> Most of the antibodies actually recognise a specific sequence environment
for the 6 his tag. The only one that I'm aware of that doesn't have this
limitation is the Ni-NTA conjugate which Quiagen is supplying at the
moment ( it's cat #34510 ). This is the nickel chelating group NTA (
modified a little) linked to alkaline phosphatase. It works quite well,
although you must use BSA to block the blot ( the conjugate binds to a
component of milk) and it needs a good hour to bind properly.  Otherwise
it's very easy to use and doesn't require a specific sequence around the
His tag.

Pat Thoyts                                      thoyts at bsa.bristol.ac.uk