Eukaryotic protein expression

ijiwaru at wheel.dcn.davis.ca.us ijiwaru at wheel.dcn.davis.ca.us
Tue Aug 20 13:43:32 EST 1996

Katie,

you might consider the Pichia pastoris system from Invitrogen.  they claim
that it gives high yields (YMMV).  they have a discussion group that you
can hit from their web site (www.invitrogen.com) that may be of some
help.  I haven't used the system so I can't give a thorough discussion of
the system.  Baculo would only be a bit more to maintain since you would
be using mammalian-style tissue culture plastics.  the media doesn't
require sera, if I remember correctly.

Lyle Najita
Plant Pathology
University of California - Davis