U.S.E. mutagenesis

Didier Thomas dmthomas at orion.oac.uci.edu
Wed Aug 21 02:16:50 EST 1996

In article <4v3nfj$9gr at cc-server9.massey.ac.nz>, Jane.Wyatt.1 at massey.ac.nz

> Hi guys,
> I am about to try using the Unique Site Elimination (USE) kit from
> Pharmacia Biotech, and I am just wondering if there is anyone out there
> who has used it. I will carrying out the mutagenesis with my cDNA
> inserted into the pGEX vector ready for E. coli expression.
> Any advice or warnings would be gratefuuly received... I'm sure it won't
> be as easy as the protocol suggests!
> Thanks heaps,
> Jane.
> E-mail: Jane.Wyatt.1 at uni.massey.ac.nz

Hi Jane,

I have used it several times, I followed the manual recommendations and it
worked fine. The percentage of mutagenesis efficiency was however rather
than 80% as claimed by Pharmacia. But it is still excellent, isn't it?
Good luck!

Didier Thomas
University of California, Irvine
College of Medicine