Sections not sticking to slides

GILLIAN NI BHARLO BOTANY PG NIBHARLO at acadamh.ucd.ie
Wed Aug 21 09:39:37 EST 1996

Hi there!
I hope somebody out there can help me with this one, its driving me
mad. I am doing in situs with RNA probes on stem disc sections from
resin-embedded stems. I need to find a way of sticking my sections to
slides that is RNASE-FREE, does not damage endogenous RNA (ie high
temperatures are out) and sticks my sections to the slides. So far I
have tried baking the sections at 37 overnight onto 0.1% poly-l-
lysine coated slides and 1% poly-l-lysine coated. THey wont stick!!
Any help will be sincerely appreciated. (The detection system is an
anti-dig horseradish peroxidase coupled antibody binding to the Dig-
11-UTP in the RNA probe, in case thats relevant). Thanks in advance,
Gillian