A problem in topology

Rafael Maldonado rafael at howard.med.utah.edu
Sat Aug 10 19:08:16 EST 1996

On Fri, 9 Aug 1996, Ed Beaty wrote:

> The catch is, I can't use a phagemid vector to directly make ss circular
> DNA in this case.  If anyone knows a good way to unlink two linked circles
> (using a topoisomerase, maybe?) I'd be extremely thankful to hear it.

Yes, you may use topoisomerase I, sold by several companies (as Promega,
not relation with the company). It is used to improve in vitro
transcription, for example. I guess it will solve your problem, never
tried though.

Rafa

Rafael Maldonado                             | 'No te creas todo
room 6160 Eccles Institute of Human Genetics |  lo que leas en
Department of Human Genetics		     |  internet.'
University of Utah			     |
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112. USA.	     |  "Don't believe
Rafael.Maldonado at genetics.utah.edu           |  everything you read
Rafael at howard.genetics.utah.edu	             |  in internet."
Tel: 801-581-4429			     |
Fax: 801-585-3910			     |