DNA dye for fluorometric quantitation

alex at alfred.med.monash.edu.au alex at alfred.med.monash.edu.au
Mon Aug 19 19:00:13 EST 1996

We have found that Promega's "FluorKit DFA Fragment Analysis Core Kit v1.01"
enabled quantitation of our PCR products over a greater range than Ethidium
Bromide.

However, Promega has apparently stopped producing the kit.

Could anyone recommend an alternative dye for fluorometric DNA quantitation in
agarose gels. We are using non-fluorescently labelled primers and the
Molecular Dynamics FluorImager for gel scanning and quantitation.

Also, if anyone out there knows of a source of Promega's DFA-1Kit, we would be
greatful and more than willing to buy.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Alex Tzanidis
Dept Medicine