First Base, free molecular biology software exclusively for OS/2

rhughes at ucsd.edu rhughes at ucsd.edu
Thu Aug 22 22:18:41 EST 1996

Is this the killer app that will wrest control of the desktop away from Bill Gates? ... no,
I don't think so.  However, if you use OS/2 Warp and do any molecular biology in your laboratory,
you should check out First Base.

First Base is a Presentation Manager program written with VX-REXX.  For the price(!), it's
a capable program, very easy to use and should fulfill most of your molecular biology software
needs.  We have been using First Base almost exclusively in our laboratory for the past four
or five months.  There are no bugs that I'm aware of (barring one minor problem with updating
windows under certain circumstances).

You can download a copy of First Base right now from The Insel Lab Home Page,

   www-insel.ucsd.edu

All I ask in return is that you provide me with some feedback, what you like/dislike,
what you miss in this program, etc.

Happy cloning!

Richard J. Hughes