Biotin Pcr primers and anealing temperature

Dan Andrews Dan.Andrews at
Thu Aug 22 20:45:05 EST 1996

Hi Karl,

	I came across a similar problem not so long ago when I was using
biotinylated primers for dye-terminator sequencing.  Normally I just use
plain-garden-variety primers at the concentration dictated by the
sequencing kit. However, when I used the biotinylated primers for
sequencing I needed to add more of the primer (double) in order to get a
decent product from the sequencing reaction.  You probably have already
tried fiddling with your primer concentrations, but I thought I'd mail
you anyway.  Hope you get it in the end.

Dan Andrews
John Curtin School of Medical Research
Australian National University
Canberra,  AUSTRALIA