RNA prep of Glomerular Core

Edward Wang ez022056 at dale.ucdavis.edu
Wed Aug 21 18:15:55 EST 1996

We are currenctly trying to isolate total RNA from glomerular core
isolated from rat kidneys.  So far, we have had a lot of problems with
degredation and low yields.  We are getting somewhere around 20 to 30 ug
of total RNA from one single kidney (which to me seems very low), and most
of the time, the RNA is very or completely degraded.  Has anybody isolated
RNA from glomerular core, and if so, is there something I am missing?  I
am using Trizol and the method that trizol was originally from, but
niether one is working very well right now.

 --
Edward H. Wang                 *