Sliver staining DNA

Jacqueline Delp delp at it.uwp.edu
Fri Aug 16 15:02:52 EST 1996

D. KIM (dkim at nmsu.edu) wrote:
: In article <320A0B81.30D0 at uidaho.edu> judall at uidaho.edu writes:
: >I want to detect relatively small length polymorphisms amplified by
: >microsatellite specific primers.  EtBr leaves too much back ground and
: >isn't sensitive enough, radioisotopes are good but I want to try some
: >alternatives.
: >
: >Does anyone have on file a protocol for sliver stain nucleic acids in
: >polyacrylamide gels?  Possibly a few references would be nice.  I've
: >seen a few 'staining kits' but they don't let on how its really done.
: >
: >thanks
: >
: >Josh Udall
: >University of Idaho

: Hi

: Check out Bassam and Caetno-Annoles paper in ANalytical Biochemistry
: (late 1980's, I think).  They have a DNA silver stain method that is now
: used by Promega in their Silver Sequence kit.
: If you cannot do a search, you could ask Promega:  They cite this paper
: in their advertising/promotional stuff on the Silver Sequence.

: Daniel Kim