blunt end ligation problems

Vladimir Svetlov vvsvetlov at
Wed Aug 14 19:22:44 EST 1996

In article <ahouse-1208961639130001 at>,
ahouse at (Jeremy C. Ahouse) wrote:

> Hello group,
>    we are having a hard time with blunt end ligation.

I need to say that I am not emotionally attached to blunt-end ligation and
if possible try to live w/out it. So far two amends to standard ligation
made biggest improvement in efficiency of ligation - using high
concentration T4 ligase from Pharmacia and/or addition of RNA ligase (the
latter increased efficiency of ligation appr. 10 fold). Both are quite
expensive (compared to Pap & Mom T4 ligases) but also produce results.