ConA - glycoproteins - ovalbumin

Steve smiles at bgsm.edu
Tue Aug 20 12:46:23 EST 1996

	Hi all!

	We're trying to purify a complex of glycoproteins from hen
oviduct. We're following a procedure which purified the same protein from
dog pancrease. However, in using a ConA sepharose column to separate the
glycoproteins, it seems that with the chicken oviduct, all that gets
bound and eluted is ovalbumin.  Of course, this is a glycoprotein, and is
in great abundance in the chicken, but not in the dog pancreas at all.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to circumvent this purification
obstacle? Could we get rid of the ovalbumin in any way?

	Thanks!!

	STEVE