chloramphenicol

P.Bundock bundock at rulsfb.LeidenUniv.nl
Fri Aug 23 17:03:06 EST 1996

Hi there, I'm afraid I can't help you much with the chloramphenicol problem
but about the plasmid purification. I once tried isolating a plasmid from
Agrobacterium directly instead of first transferring the plasmid to E.coli.
The Agro strain also has a 60kb Ti plasmid. I also used a Quiagen column.
I didn't see any contamination of the plasmid I wanted (20kb) with Ti plasmid
DNA, so there must be a size exclusion phenomenon going on somewhere.By the
way, can't you just use MC1061 without the episome? We've got it here in
the Clusius lab (also the recA- derivative NM554). Hope this helps. Paul.