expressed protein is 5-6kda bigger than

lmcmurry_tet at opal.tufts.edu lmcmurry_tet at opal.tufts.edu
Fri Aug 23 11:23:14 EST 1996

for what it is worth, ptoeins in SDS gels can run several kD differently due to
a single amino acid change! I have seen this my self, also in the literature.
Also, not related to the 6H problem., but hydrophobic proteins usually run too
fast by up to 15%in SDS gels; the putative explanation is that they bind MORE sds than
normal, since the sds is binding by its hydrobphbic chain to the protein.In article <4vido3$l1c at gwdu19.gwdg.de>, wdl at gen.mpib-tuebingen.mpg.de (Wulf