FITC fading kinetics

Didier Thomas dmthomas at orion.oac.uci.edu
Thu Aug 22 21:03:17 EST 1996

In article <4vkhfn$ed1 at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, grggta at picr.cr.man.ac.uk (Graham
Atherton) wrote:

> Has anyone a feel for the rate at which FITC and similar fade when used for
> immunohistochemical staining of Rat cells. I seem to get significant fade
> over the first fews days and weeks - this means I cannot go back to reasses
> slides a week old despite keeping them in Citiflour in the dark at 4oC. Any
> way to minimise this problem?
> Many Thanks
> Graham Atherton
> grggta at picr.cr.man.ac.uk

Dear Graham,

to minimize this fading problem, I recommend you to use the Prolong
Antifade kit from Molecular Probes (Oregon, USA) ref# P-7481. Works fine.
It seems you can keep your preparations for at least one month in the
fridge without loosing any signal intensity.

Good luck

Didier

--
Didier Thomas