Qiagen: This is ridiculous

Ian A. York iayork at panix.com
Sun Aug 25 16:55:05 EST 1996

In article <vvsvetlov-2508961436410001 at tcooper2.utmem.edu>,
Vladimir Svetlov <vvsvetlov at utmem1.utmem.edu> wrote:

>It your right to be pissed but it might be more productive to find a
>source of the problems in your protocol.

Nope.  I've gone through debugging of the Qiagen preps a dozen times; in
no case have I ever found a clear source of a problem.  All the points you
mention I've ruled out already - in the past five years or so I've got
scores of tips and suggestions and warnings from the Qiagen tech
representatives and other users, and I'm careful with my reagents and all
that.

The bottom line is that if the procedure is so fragile that it can't
tolerate different phases of the moon, I'm not interested in using it.
It's not productive to spend my time fixing Qiagen's problems.  It's
productive to get my DNA and do my experiments.

Thanks to everyone who's sent me suggestions, commiserations, and
"Hey-that-happened-to-me-too!" comments.

Ian