UV safe TAE ?

Rico Laage rico.laage at urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Aug 26 06:47:39 EST 1996

dear colleagues

I read in an add about UV safe TAE-buffer for DNA-gels, they said, that by
adding UV-protective chemicals to their buffer they could increase their
cloning efficiency about  200X  !!!!
I can`t believe this number but I would like to know if anybody out there ever
tried this buffer or has any suggestions about it-
What chemicals are used for UV-protection (e.g. in sunblockers) ?

Rico
 Neurobiology                                                 Voice  +49 (6221) 54-4863
 Uni Heidelberg                                               Fax                          54-4496
 Im Neuenheimer Feld 364
 Germany
 World-Wide-Web:
 http://server.nbio.uni-heidelberg.de/Neurobiology.html