Qiagen: This is ridiculous

Tsichlis Lab tsichlis at thalis.rm.fccc.edu
Mon Aug 26 12:44:38 EST 1996

In article <4vno7a$2qu at panix.com>, iayork at panix.com (Ian A. York) wrote:
 I follow the directions exactly, and
> in spite of it I just spent two days pouring DNA down the sink.

Dear Ian,
We ran into some problems with Quiagen columns last year and found that we
had to get a new source for our XL-1 bacteria which we make competent.  You
can check to see if this is your problem by borrowing some competent cells
from another lab, transforming in some of the DNA you want, and trying a
new maxi-prep.
Our old XL-1s were OK for alkaline lysis/phenol minipreps, but something in
them would not work with Quiagen. The new bugs still work great.

--
Tsichlis Lab
Fox Chase Chase Center

Phone: 215-728-3636