Thrombin Cleavage of GST

Evan Burkala eburkala at CENTRAL.MURDOCH.EDU.AU
Tue Aug 27 03:08:31 EST 1996

Hi,
   I have a fusion protein tagged to GST and am trying to cleave the GST
fusion partner off with thrombin. It does not seem that cleavage is
efficient if at all. Could anyone recommend a protocol that they know
work? I would be extremely grateful.

Another thing, is it necessary to cleave the GST off if wanting to inject
into rabbits for antisera to the recombinant. I subsequently want to use
the fusion protein (uncleaved) for ELISA. Will I get too high a
background in the ELISA to the GST? Does anyone recommend raising
antisera specifically against the recombinant?

Thanks in advance,