looking for a method to strip gel plates

brad swanson bswanson at bilbo.bio.purdue.edu
Tue Aug 27 16:55:44 EST 1996

Hi,
	I use a BioRad sequencing gel apparatus to run out microsatellite DNA and
I coat one of the plates with Sigmacote to make it 'slick'.  I have noticed
recently that the gels are starting to have difficultly staying on one
plate.  Someone suggested that I need to strip the plates of the Sigmacote
b/c the plates become 'overcoated' over time.  Does anyone have a recipe
for a stripping reagent?  Thanks in advance!  Cathy Mossman