UV safe TAE ?

Ed Beaty ebeaty at firecraker.com
Tue Aug 27 10:56:06 EST 1996

One thing you can try is using longwave UV when cutting your bands out of the gel.  The intense shortwave UV
generated by transilluminators may be blasting your DNA.  Also, check the methds-reagents FAQ...your question
sounds familiar, and I wonder if it's been answered (better) before.

Ed Beaty
Pierce Chemical Company