Ultracentrifuge experiences?

Ian A. York york at mbcrr.dfci.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 27 12:00:32 EST 1996

We're moving our lab and have the fun of ordering new equipment for the
new place.  One of the things we need is an ultracentrifuge.  We're
considering either Beckman or Sorvall.  There's a price advantage to the
Sorvall, but on the other hand the ultra that's already there is an (old)
Beckman, so there are slight compatibility advantages to the Beckman,
which cancels out the price advantage.

Has anyone had good, bad, or indifferent experience with either machine?
Preferences, capabilities, warranties, service, whatever.  Any
suggestions appreciated.  E-mail me, and if there's enough interest I'll
post a compilation in a week or two.

It shouldn't be necessary to say this, but please, no calls from salespeople.

Thanks.

Ian
--
Ian York  (york at mbcrr.harvard.edu) <http://www.panix.com/~iayork/>
Phone (617)-632-3921     Fax  (617)-632-2627