UV safe TAE ?

Rico Laage rico.laage at urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Aug 28 03:18:46 EST 1996

Ed Beaty wrote:

> One thing you can try is using longwave UV when cutting your bands out of the gel.  The intense shortwave UV
> generated by transilluminators may be blasting your DNA.  Also, check the methds-reagents FAQ...your question
> sounds familiar, and I wonder if it's been answered (better) before.
>
> Ed Beaty
> Pierce Chemical Company

I agree with you ,
I didn´t wanted to start another round of "gel extraction - Ligation -problems-
discussions"  my question was more does this product makes any sense or is
it just another expensive fency looking waste. We use longwave UV in our lab
and most of the time we don´t have problems but we´re always looking for
improvement in any method we use

RICO