Qiagen: This is ridiculous

Frank Murphy f-murphy at uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 28 14:09:06 EST 1996

In article <32241234.24B5 at nott.ac.uk>, Nigel.Kenward at nott.ac.uk wrote:

> Hi,
> Yep, me too.
> We went back to the old GeneClean kit and then started to make our own
version (from the
> original  PNAS reference. We can't call it by the original name, but it
is the same I reckon.
> Yields are CONSISTENTLY good, honest.
> Full reference at:
> http://www.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk/~mbzspd/methods/Gene-Kleen_protocol.html
>
> courtesy of Dr Simon Dawson who has trouble shooted this. P.S. Use TBE
in the gel for best
> results.
> Good Luck,
> Nigel
> --
>             ____     ___
> |\   |  |  /    \   /     |         NIGEL KENWARD,
> | \  |  | |   ___  |__    |         Dept. Biochemistry,
> |  \ |  | |     |  |      |         Nottingham University Medical School.
> |   \|  |  \____/   \___  |___      Clifton Boulevard.
> -------------------------------     Nottingham. NG7 2UH.
>  Tel (0115 924 9924) ext 44789      Fax (0115 942 2225)
>   email:mbxnjk at vax.nott.ac.uk      "You can tell me.......I'm a doctor"

I've had similar problems, especially with the midi and maxi preps.
Luckily I have managed to avoid needing large amounts of DNA, but I have
run accross an alternate protocol for midi preps using Qiagen columns,
supposedly more reliably.  The address is
http://research.nwfsc.noaa.gov/protocols/

--
Frank Murphy
f-murphy at uiuc.edu