Concentrating proteins already in SDS sample buffer?

D. Pearton pearton at saul6.u.washington.edu
Fri Aug 30 14:33:54 EST 1996

Hi all.

Exactly what the subject says.  I'm looking for a way of concentrating a
protein sample that I have already treated with SDS_sample buffer.  The
sample is pretty high in salts already so I don't want to simply freeze
dry it.  Does anyone have any sort of precipitant method that could be
used - would cold MeOH work.  I want to concentrate the sample so that I
can get enough of a fairly minor band onto pvdf for N-terminal sequencing.

Answers prefered via email.

Thanks,
Yak
Dave Pearton				* ....As I was saying before I
Biochemistry Dept.			* was so rudely interrupted
University of Washington		* by one of my multiple
Seattle					* personalities....
pearton at u.washington.edu		*
pearton at unpsun1.cc.unp.ac.za		* Naked Lunch (W.S. Burroughs)