Qiagen refuses to tell!

Michael W. Thompson mthom0 at pop.uky.edu
Fri Aug 30 13:39:03 EST 1996

     I agree with you totally.  I tend to avoid kits in the first place anyway.  They are
expensive, and there are usually procedures available utilizing chemicals in the lab that
are just as good or even better.  I also get the feeling that kits are especially bad for
students, because they don't learn the basic chemistry or biochemistry of how a
procedure works.  They just follow the directions of the kit using "solution A" and
"solution B" robotically and never know the basis behind what they are doing.