more Hybond-N problems

Gerald B. Downes gerry at MORPHEUS.WUSTL.EDU
Fri Aug 30 12:24:13 EST 1996

Hey Netters,

I've had difficulties trying to strip & reprobe my Southern blots made with
Hybond N.  The first hybridization worked great then I stripped the
membrane by pouring boiling .1% SDS onto the blot & letting it shake slowly
until it cooled to room temperature.  I repeated this one time then checked
it by exposing the blots o/n.  After prehybridization I hybridized again
with a probe of similar size and specific activity and... VIOLA a
completely black blot.  I was able to strip the blots but haven't set up
another hyb.  Any ideas?

Gerry

Gerald B. Downes, Gautam Lab
NIGMS Pre-doctoral Fellow