which phophoImager?

Randy Nonay randy at hobbes.chem.ualberta.ca
Fri Aug 30 11:25:59 EST 1996

Riekeltje Koedood (rkoedood at bio.bu.edu) wrote:
> Hi All

> We are buying a PhophoImager for our Department and are having diffictulties
> to decide which (that is, difficulties eaching a consensus). The choice is
> between the Biorad machine and the Storm from Molecular Dynamics.

> Any opinions on this? Especially useful would be opinions of people who have
> used both.

> THanks.

> Marieke Koedood
> Boston University
> Biology Dept.
I've used the Molecular Dynamics PhosPhorimager extensively - seems to
work great! Very easy to handle screens, feels like quality.

 I've also tested the Biorad system and found it to be much less user
friendly...

  (I haven't tried out a storm yet - they came out just after my
ex-employer ordered the imager.)

 Randy