Selection with puromycin

Ashok Aiyar aiyar at
Fri Aug 30 09:29:40 EST 1996

On 30 Aug 1996 13:08:37 GMT, Danny Altschuler <dla at> wrote:
>Hey, I need to do a selection with Puromycin. Vector (pBabePuro -
>infection), cells HT29 colon carcinoma.). I know that I have to do a
>curve but could anyone give a good concentration range?
>I have experience with Neo and Hygro and in my hands a good concentr. for
>these drugs is ~100-200ug/ml (hygro), and 400-600ug/ml active comp. (neo).
>Which will be the magic number for puro??

I posted a an almost identical question about two weeks ago and
received no responses .....

Going through the literature I have seen people use puromycin in
the 2 - 5 ug/ml range for adherent cell lines, and 0.5 - 2 ug/ml
for non-adherent cell lines.

Ashok Aiyar, Ph.D.
Department of Oncology            email: aiyar at
University of Wisconsin-Madison                  tel: (608) 262-6697