Vector for direct cloning of PCR products

Dr Ian Graham pdzirg at
Fri Aug 30 06:25:42 EST 1996

Hi Jeff

Promega market something called pGEM-T, which has the single 3'T
overhangs akin to those of the Invitrogen system.

It tends to work quite well, BUT there does appear to be some
considerable variability between batches, in our experience.
This manifests itself as a high non-recombinant background, which can be
irritating, but can be overcome by using plenty of insert.

In theory, blue-white selection is possible, but it is evident (from
many people in this department) that you can get blues with inserts and
whites without inserts, so I wouldn't bother!

Hope this helps