Selection with puromycin

Nikolai Chitaev nikolaic at VISAR.WUSTL.EDU
Fri Aug 30 18:13:22 EST 1996

> From: dla at galactose.mc.duke.edu (Danny Altschuler)
>
> Subject: Selection with puromycin
>
> Date: 30 Aug 1996 13:08:37 GMT
>
> Hey, I need to do a selection with Puromycin. Vector (pBabePuro -
> infection), cells HT29 colon carcinoma.). I know that I have to do a
> curve but could anyone give a good concentration range?
> I have experience with Neo and Hygro and in my hands a good concentr.
> for
> these drugs is ~100-200ug/ml (hygro), and 400-600ug/ml active comp.
> (neo).
> Which will be the magic number for puro??
> Thanks, Danny
> Please e-mail me to
> altschul at med.unc.edu

For human fibrosarcoma HT1080 I use 2.4 u/ml.
Puromycin purchased from Sigma. Disolved in EtOH and then diluted with
PBS to final 1 mg/ml with respect to puromycin and 20% with respect to
EtOH.
This stock solution is stored at 4oC (half a year, no problem so far).

--
Nikolai
http://128.252.119.253