Software for counting colonies?

Karthi Ramachandran karthi at deakin.edu.au
Mon Dec 2 00:04:09 EST 1996

Hi everyone,
We are doing some genetics experiments that requirs counting colonies on 100s
of plates each time. We have the facility for capturing images of these plates
and storing them digitally. I am wondering if there are any software
commercial/ shareware/ freeware that will count the colonies from these
images?

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated

Thanx very much

Karthi. R

Karthikeyan Ramachandran Ph.D
Research Fellow, Rm. No. SA136
School of Biological and Chemical Sciences
Faculty of Science and Technology		Phone (Off) (052) 271 406
Deakin University			Phone (Res) (052) 419 806
Geelong, Victoria			Fax (052) 272 022
Australia 3217				e-mail karthi at deakin.edu.au
Home page				http://www.deakin.edu.au/~karthi/