Plasmid wanted: PiVX

Ashok Aiyar aiyar at ebv.oncology.wisc.edu
Mon Dec 2 14:18:11 EST 1996

On 2 Dec 1996 17:27:07 GMT, A.Habel <ahabel at pasteur.fr> wrote:

>I am looking for a plasmid called piVX, which was constructed by Brian
>Seed a long time ago. As far as I  know it contains a supF insted an
>ampicillin resistance gene and has to be used with a special E.coli
>strain.
>Does anybody know where to get both?

You can use any strain that has a marker that is dependent on
supF for expression.  I have used MC1061/P3.  MC1061/P3 contains
an episome (p3) that has ampicillin-amber and tetracycline-amber
genes.  It is available from Invitrogen.

If you cannot find an alternative source for piVX, let me know and
I can send you an aliquot.

Later,
Ashok

--