Histones/poly(A) question

Tom Thatcher ttha at uhura.cc.rochester.edu
Mon Dec 2 10:55:43 EST 1996

In article <57sq7j$9rf at cronkite.seas.gwu.edu>,
Steven Sullivan <sullivan at gwis2.circ.gwu.edu> wrote:

>I've read general statements in textbooks saying that histone mRNAs are
>not polyadenylated.  Is this true of *all* (H1,2,3,4)?  And is this true
>in all species?

Nucleic Acids Research 22:174 or 22:180 are two papers I wrote (shameless
plug) on histone evolution.  As I recall, there are some references made
to poly(A) and you could pick out the appropriate references from
the citations.  Basically, the answers to your questions are No and No.

--
Tom Thatcher                          | You can give a PC to a Homo habilis,
University of Rochester Cancer Center | and he'll use it, but he'll use it