inclusion bodies, purification of

slavemaster un691cs at
Tue Dec 3 05:55:54 EST 1996

In article <32A2F2D4.4E89 at>,
schott at says...

>Does anybody know a simple method, (or a literature citation) for
>separating inclusion bodies from bacterial debris? (probably by
>Karin Schott

Try to get a protocol booklet from either Novagen or Qiagen:
they describe methods how to purify His-Tagged proteins from

In principal, I spin the E. colis at 5 K, then dissolve the
pellet in PBS, Then give them 5 * 10 seconds on ice-water (!)
at fullblast setting of ultrasound. Then spin again at 5k.
The pellet now contains bacterial debris.
Spinning at 13k results in a white pellet of inclusion
bodies that then can be opened with high Urea (6M).