Nde I restriction enzyme

Zophonias O. Jonsson zjons at vetbio.unizh.ch
Tue Dec 3 05:21:15 EST 1996

In article <32a3d42f.116660 at news.univie.ac.at>, a8803349 at unet.univie.ac.at
(Martin Offterdinger) wrote:

> I have problems with a special restriction enzyme NdeI.

NdeI can be quite a bore.  According to the NEB catalog it is sensitive to
impurities, it has a short half life (15 min at 37*C) and it needs at
least 7 bp on each side of the recognition site to cut decently.  I was in
a situation similar to yours and solved it by changing the primer and
GenCleaning the PCR product.

Good luck

Zophonias

Zophonias O. Jonsson
Institut fur Veterinarbiochemie               Tel: (41-1)-257-54-75
Universitat Zurich-Irchel                     Fax: (41-1)-362-05-01
Winterthurerstrasse 190
CH-8057 Zurich
Switzerland