Cornelius Krasel krasel at
Tue Dec 3 17:33:54 EST 1996

Michael DiDonato (michael.didonato at wrote:
> I would like to know if anyone has carried out a purification of a GST
> fusion protein using Tris-buffered saline instead of PBS as the lysis
> buffer?  If so, does the fusion still bind to the column using Tris? At
> what pH?

Well, I don't call it TBS but I routinely purify GST fusion proteins in
20 mM Tris, 200 mM NaCl, 2 mM DTT, 1 mM EDTA pH 7.6. Cells are lysed
in a little less NaCl (100 mM NaCl).

High pHs will denature GST. To clean my column I use 100 mM Tris 500 mM
NaCl pH 8.5.

/* D-97078 Wuerzburg, Germany   email: phak004 at  SP3 */