Nitrocellulose membrane and UV cross-linking.

Yoonsuk Park yoonpark at
Wed Dec 4 14:03:25 EST 1996

Hi, everyone,

I'm trying to colony hybridization using nitrocellulose membrane (S&S).
According to the manual which the manufacturer provided, vacuum drying oven
should be used to fix DNA onto nitrocellulose, but UV cross-linker can be
used for nylon membrane.  Is it true that UV cross-linker cannot be used
for nitrocellulose membrane for this purpose? If it's, why?

If someone knows about this, can you explain it to me?
Thanks in advance!

Yoonsuk Park, Ph.D.
University of Washington                 e-mail) yoonpark at
Dept. of Oral Biology, Box 357132        Phone)  206-543-5477 (ext. 40)
Seattle, WA, 98195-7132                  Fax)    206-685-3162